Technip Bags BP Umbilical Contract Offshore Vietnam
Technip announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary DUCO Ltd. has been awarded a contract by BP Exploration Operating Company Limitedworth approximately €15 million for the Lan Do field development in Vietnam. This field is located 320 kilometers south of Ho Chi Minh City, at a water depth of 120-180 meters.
The contract includes the engineering, project management and fabrication of a main umbilical and an infield umbilical. The umbilicals will utilize a hybrid technology developed by DUCO, which uses steel tube and thermoplastic hose fluid conduits for hydraulic control and chemical injection services. They will be delivered in the first half of 2012.
The project will be executed in Technip's umbilical facilities in Newcastle, UK and in its new state of the art flexible pipe and umbilical manufacturing facility, Asiaflex Products, located in Johor State, Malaysia.
The award follows the recent successful delivery of the umbilical systems for BP's Skarv development in Norway and builds on Technip's track record in umbilical supply to BP stretching back over 25 years.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)