Lundin Primes Bit for North Sea Drilling
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate granted Lundin Norway a drilling permit for well 16/2-7 in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. The Bredford Dolphin semisub will perform the drilling operations.
The drilling program for the well relates to drilling of a wildcat well in Production License 501, consisting of parts of Blocks 16/2, 3, 5 and 6. Lundin is the operator with a 40% interest; Statoil with 40%; and Maersk Oil with 20%.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)