Statoil Takes Slice in GOM Kakuna Prospect
Statoil has acquired a stake in the Kakuna prospect in the Gulf of Mexico. A federal exploratory unit for Kakuna was approved by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management and Regulatory Enforcement, which encompasses Green Canyon Blocks 416, 460, 504, 505, 548 and 549.
Statoil said that BOEMRE is currently reviewing the exploration plan for Kakuna, and if approved, exploratory drilling will commence in the second half of 2011. Nexen operates the permit with a 72.5% stake, with Statoil holding the remaining interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)