Gazprom Neft, GEPetrol Ink Cooperation Agreement
Alexander Dyukov, Chairman of the Management Board of Gazprom Neft, and Candido Nsue Okomo, Director General of GEPetrol, the national oil company of Equatorial Guinea, signed a cooperation agreement in the Kremlin. The signing of the agreement was witnessed by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and the President of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo.
The document regulates key areas of cooperation between Gazprom Neft and GEPetrol within the framework of implementing Product Sharing Agreements (PSAs) signed in 2010 for geological prospecting of blocks T and U on the Equatorial Guinea shelf. In particular, the agreement sets out the fundamental principles for managing the project and the procedures for making key decisions.
The registration of Gazprom Neft Equatorial in Equatorial Guinea is currently being finalized and, once created, the company will represent Gazprom Neft in the project for geological prospecting of blocks T and U. Analysis of the results of seismological exploration conducted in February 2011 is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2011/start of 2012.
"Projects in Equatorial Guinea enable Gazprom Neft to simultaneously achieve several objectives: creating a production center in West Africa, gaining new experience of managing international projects and broadening our shelf expertise," commented Alexander Dyukov, Chairman of the Management Board of Gazprom Neft.
- Gazprom Neft, GEPetrol Ink Cooperation Agreement (Jun 07)
- Noble Gets Go-Ahead for Aseng Oil Project in Equatorial Guinea (Jul 22)
- Equatorial Guinea's National Oil Co Inks PSC for Offshore Block EG-07 (Jul 22)
Company: JSC Gazprom Neft more info
- Gazprom 2015 Profit Jumps as Kremlin Demands Higher Dividend (Apr 28)
- Russia's Gazprom Neft to Delay Novoportovskoye Oilfield Launch (Apr 19)
- Russia's Gazprom Neft, China's CNPC Agree to Cooperate in Oil Sector (Dec 17)