KCA Deutag Awarded FEED Contract for Browse LNG Development
Woodside Energy has selected KCA Deutag, one of two drilling contractors, to carry out a major Front End Engineering Design (FEED) contract relating to a 3,000HP Modular Platform Drilling Rig (MPDR) for the Browse Liquefied Natural Gas LNG Development offshore northwest Australia.
The MPDR will be capable of drilling large bore gas wells up to 29,528 feet (9,000 meters) measured depth and of being transferred between Dry Tree Units (DTUs) based on a tension leg platform design. The DTUs will be positioned over the Calliance and Brecknock fields, located about 168 miles (270 kilometers) from the Kimberley Coast, Western Australia.
By year-end, Woodside expects to obtain environmental approvals, a land access agreement secured, and the FEED completed. Once these goals are accomplished, the Browse Joint Venture will be in a position to make a final investment decision by mid-2012.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)