Lundin Adds Acreage Offshore Malaysia
Lundin Petroleum’s wholly owned subsidiary, Lundin Malaysia, has entered into an agreement with Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd to farm-in to Block PM 307 offshore Peninsula Malaysia.
Under the agreement, Lundin will acquire a 75% operating interest, while Petronas will hold the remaining 25% interest in the block. Block PM 307 spans an area of about 1.5 million acres (6,126 square kilometers) and contains a proven oil discovery. Work commitments of the acreage include 123,553 acres (500 square kilometers) of 3D seismic, an appraisal well on the discovery and an exploration well.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)