Aker to Supply Subsea Production Control Umilicals for Chevron
Aker Solutions has been selected to supply three subsea production control umbilicals for the Chevron operated Jack & St. Malo field developments in the Gulf of Mexico. Contract value is undisclosed.
The production control umbilicals will provide hydraulic, electrical and fiber optic service to the Jack and St. Malo subsea fields. Scope of work includes three electro-hydraulic steel tube production umbilicals totaling 40 miles (65 kilometers). Engineering, project management, and manufacturing will take place at Aker Solutions' state-of-the-art umbilical facility in Mobile, Alabama. The three umbilicals will be used at Chevron's Jack & St. Malo field, located in the Walker Ridge Area of the Gulf of Mexico in water depths of approximately 7,000 feet (2,100 meters).
"Aker Solutions is excited to see Chevron come back to us with a repeat order and is proud to contribute to this very important project for Chevron and for the Gulf of Mexico region," said Erik Wiik, President - Subsea North America, Aker Solutions.
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)