PTTEP Lines Up Seadrill Jackup Offshore Thailand
Seadrill has been awarded a new contract by PTTEP in Thailand for the jackup rig West Leda. The assignment is for a firm period of nine months and with an option to extend for a further six months. The contract value for the firm period is approximately US $35 million. Commencement of the operations under the new contract is scheduled for late second quarter 2011, in direct continuation of the rig's existing contract.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management AS, said, "We are pleased to secure a new contract for one of our jack-ups in the South East Asia region. We consider this as an excellent opportunity to further strengthening our relationship with PTTEP, one of our key customers. Representing a total contract value of US $35 million, this assignment improves the earnings visibility for our jack-ups."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)