ONGC, GAIL, Petronet May Invest INR155B in Russia Gas Project - Report
MUMBAI (Dow Jones Newswires), May 30, 2011
Oil & Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC), GAIL and Petronet LNG may form a consortium to invest INR155 billion for a 15% stake in a liquefied natural gas project in Russia, the Hindustan Times reported Friday.
The consortium may buy a stake in the $30 billion LNG project of Russia's biggest independent natural gas producer, OAO Novatek (NVTK.RS), in the Yamal peninsula, the report said, citing an unidentified executive at one of the Indian companies.
A non-binding indicative bid is underway and the stake would be split between ONGC Videsh Ltd., GAIL and Petronet as 7.5%, 5% and 2.5%, respectively, the report said.
ONGC Videsh is the overseas investment arm of state-run explorer Oil & Natural Gas.
"We are not aware of any such bid," Petronet Chief Executive A.K. Balyan told Dow Jones Newswires. ONGC Chairman A.K. Hazarika declined to comment while GAIL's chairman wasn't immediately reachable for comment.
Copyright (c) 2011 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: Gas Authority India Ltd. (GAIL) more info
- India Seeks to Rework More LNG Contracts Amid Surplus, GAIL Says (Oct 04)
- LNG Price Row Between India, US Crimps Trump's Export Aims (Jun 30)
- India to Use Market Pricing for Part of Future Gas Finds in Complex Fields (Aug 11)
Company: Petronet LNG Ltd. more info
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India's PM Narendra Modi Calls for Fresh Look at Country's Petroleum Sector (Jan 06)
- India's Petronet Near To Winning Better Gas Terms From Qatar Sources (Nov 20)