CB&I Secures Engineering Work for Golden Eagle Platforms
CB&I has been awarded a contract valued at approximately $150 million by Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited for the detailed engineering of two fixed platforms for the Golden Eagle field in the U.K. sector of the North Sea.
CB&I's scope of work includes detailed engineering design for the topsides facilities of a wellhead platform and a production utilities and quarters platform. CB&I's contract is expected to be completed by year-end 2012. CB&I recently completed the front-end engineering design (FEED) for the project.
"This award builds on our decades of experience in the offshore industry," said Philip K. Asherman, President and CEO. "Following our successful completion of two projects in the Buzzard field, we are pleased to extend our relationship with Nexen for additional work in the North Sea."
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: CB&I more info
- Harvey Strikes Employment: CB&I Lays Off Hundreds (Sep 25)
- CB&I Wins China PDH Unit Contract (Sep 11)
- Indonesia Ethylene Expansion Contract Goes to CB&I (Jul 10)