Anadarko Hires Diamond Drillship Duo
Diamond Offshore has entered into two term drilling contracts with Anadarko. The contracts, which will utilize Diamond Offshore's two new-build drillships now on order, are expected to generate combined maximum total revenue of approximately $1.8 billion and represent 10 years of contract drilling backlog. In addition, Anadarko and Diamond have mutually agreed to dismiss all claims related to the Ocean Monarch.
The dynamically positioned, ultra-deepwater drillships, Ocean BlackHawk and Ocean BlackHornet, are each contracted for five years commencing in late 2013 and early 2014, respectively. As previously reported, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. is currently preparing to commence construction of the two drillships at its South Korean shipyard.
Diamond Offshore President and Chief Executive Officer Larry Dickerson said, "We are pleased to place our newest rigs under contract with Anadarko, with whom we have had a successful long-term relationship. We look forward to contributing to Anadarko's exploration and development efforts, working to bring to market energy resources for the world's increasing demand. A first class customer, two state of the art rigs and Diamond Offshore's high operational standards are all part of a formula for success."
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)