Eni, Sonatrach Team Up in Algeria Shale JV
Eni and Sonatrach signed a cooperation agreement for the development of unconventional oil, with particular focus on shale gas reinforcing the close relationship between the two companies.
With extensive experience in exploration and production of unconventional oil, Eni and Sonatrach will jointly implement activities to assess the technical and commercial feasibility of exploration and operational initiatives in shale gas.
Based on previous assessments, Eni confirms the significant shale gas reserves in Algeria which Eni and Sonatrach wish to explore and develop. This will enable both companies to make important discoveries which will enhance the gas potential of the country.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Sonatrach more info
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)