KBR Lands Contract at Chevron Facility
KBR has been awarded a $65 million contract by Chevron Products Company to execute a Base Oil expansion project at Chevron's refinery in Pascagoula, MS. The construction project includes building a new lubes hydrocracker and a lube dewaxing / hydrofinishing unit. KBR intends to hire staff locally for the execution of this project. Work is expected to begin in May, and upon completion, the facility is expected to be one of the largest premium base oil plants in the world.
"We are proud to have been selected to execute the delivery of this project, helping Chevron become one of the world's largest producers of premium base oil," said David Zimmerman, President, KBR Services. "KBR has a long history of executing major construction projects in this region and at this refinery. We look forward to continuing this tradition, using local resources to deliver a project that meets schedule and cost targets while maintaining KBR's absolute commitment to safety excellence."
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)