Apache Plugs, Abandons Zola Well Offshore AU
Tap Oil provided the following update on the Zola-1 exploration well, offshore Carnarvon Basin, Western Australia.
The Zola-1/Zola-1 ST1 well is located in permit WA-290-P, immediately south of the giant Gorgon gas field in the Carnarvon Basin, Western Australia. The well is being drilled in 285m of water.
Data gathered to date in Zola-1 and Zola-1 ST1 has confirmed a significant gas discovery in the Mungaroo formation. The well results indicate that volumetrically the greater Zola structure could be at the upper end of Tap's pre drill estimates of 1 – 2 Tcf.
During the period from 06:00 hours WST on April 13, 2011 to 06:00 hours WST on April 20, 2011 the wireline logging program was completed and the well is currently being plugged and abandoned as planned.
Complete the plugging and abandonment of the well as planned and release the rig.
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, this will be the last Zola-1 Well Drilling Update.
The Zola prospect is a very large Triassic tilted fault block on trend with the giant Gorgon gas field and was one of the largest undrilled structural features in the Carnarvon Basin. The well is testing the gas potential of several top and intra Mungaroo formation sands – the primary reservoir at Gorgon.
Located close to existing and developing gas infrastructure, Zola could have multiple potential development options. Any development at Zola could also encompass the overlying Antiope gas discovery (estimated at ~120 Bcf).
WA-290-P Joint Venture Participants
- Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd 10.00%
- Apache Northwest Pty Ltd (Operator) 30.25%
- Santos Offshore Pty Ltd 24.75%
- OMV Australia Pty Ltd 20.00%
- Nippon Oil Exploration (Dampier) Pty Ltd 15.00%
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)