Gazprom, ENI to Conclude Elephant Stake Buy after Libyan Unrest
MOSCOW (Dow Jones Newswires), Apr. 20, 2011
Gazprom plans to acquire a 33% stake in ENI's Elephant field in Libya has been delayed, and will be finalized when the situation stabilizes in the North African country, Gazprom said Wednesday in a press release.
The announcement came following a meeting in Moscow between Gazprom Chief Executive Alexei Miller and ENI CEO Paolo Scaroni.
The two also discussed France's Electricite de France and Germany's Wintershall joining the South Stream project.
Copyright (c) 2011 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)