Drilling Commenced at Eni's Guendalina Gas Field
Mediterranean Oil&Gas, a partner on the Guendalina field, announced that development drilling has begun using the GSF Key Manhattan jackup. Eni estimates that the drilling campaign will be completed by the end of July 2011.
Additionally, construction of the platform deck is progressing and installation is forecasted to occur immediately after the completion of the development drilling phase. Mediterranean O&G said field development is making progress and first gas is forecasted in September 2011.
The Guendalina gas field is located 29 miles (47 kilometers) off the northeast coast of Italy in 138 feet (42 meters) of water. The Italian state-owned company Eni operates Guendalina with 80% interest in the field, and Mediterranean Oil & Gas holds the remaining 20% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Mediterranean Oil & Gas more info
- Rockhopper 'Well Placed' to Take Advantage of Low Oil Price (Sep 15)
- Hagar Qim Rig Completes Drilling (Jul 09)
- Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field (Jun 19)