Drilling Commenced at Eni's Guendalina Gas Field

Mediterranean Oil&Gas, a partner on the Guendalina field, announced that development drilling has begun using the GSF Key Manhattan jackup. Eni estimates that the drilling campaign will be completed by the end of July 2011.

Additionally, construction of the platform deck is progressing and installation is forecasted to occur immediately after the completion of the development drilling phase. Mediterranean O&G said field development is making progress and first gas is forecasted in September 2011.

The Guendalina gas field is located 29 miles (47 kilometers) off the northeast coast of Italy in 138 feet (42 meters) of water. The Italian state-owned company Eni operates Guendalina with 80% interest in the field, and Mediterranean Oil & Gas holds the remaining 20% interest.  

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Operator Assistant
Expertise: Regulatory Compliance|Rig Mover|Wireline
Location: Bakersfield, CA
 
Director Engineering Studies
Expertise: Field Development|Floating Systems|Installation Engineer
Location: Houston, 
 
Well-Site Coordinator
Expertise: WellSite Supervisor
Location: El Reno, OK
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $53.96/BBL 0.35%
Light Crude Oil : $51.36/BBL 0.21%
Natural Gas : $3.209/MMBtu 0.34%
Updated in last 24 hours