Petrobas Inks MOU with Chinese Oil Cos
Petrobras has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Chinese company Sinochem Corporation and a General Technological Cooperation Agreement (GTCA) with Sinopec.
The MOU signed with Sinochem includes a strategic cooperation between the parties in oil and gas exploration and production in Brazil and abroad; technological cooperation for the development of projects aimed at increasing oil recovery; export of oil and other products.
The objective of the GTCA signed with Sinopec is the exchange of experiences and knowledge in technological areas with a focus on Geophysics, Geology, Reservoir Engineering and Assessment aimed at increasing oil recovery of the reservoirs of both Companies.
The agreements are designed to enhance cooperation between the activities of the companies, both in Brazil and abroad, in areas of common interest and are aimed at developing a strategic cooperation in activities of the oil and gas industry.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Sinopec more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- Shengli Oilfield Cuts Internet For Some Offices After Cyber Attack (Aug 21)
- Sinopec Engineering Arm Taps Asia Petrochemicals Growth (Aug 21)
Company: Sinochem more info
- Sinochem Names Zhang Wei As General Manager (Nov 07)
- Statoil Awards Wood Group Contracts for Brazil's Offshore Peregrino Project (Sep 22)
- Peregrino Field Offshore Brazil Produces 100 Million Barrels of Oil (Aug 04)