SBM Offshore Lands Eni Gig Offshore Angola
SBM Offshore has a Letter of Intent (LOI) from ENI to relocate the Xikomba FPSO to Block 15/06 offshore Angola.
The unit has been operating for ExxonMobil in Angola since 2003, and following the notice of termination, the vessel is scheduled to stop operating in the first half of 2011. Xikomba FPSO will undergo a major upgrade in order to meet the new project specific requirements.
The LOI covers the early phase of the project, and allows SBM Offshore to start engineering and procurement. The full-scope, 12-year lease and operate contracts are expected to be finalized in the coming months.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)