KBR Bags Contract for Saudi Aramco
KBR announced that its newly-established Middle East-based Engineering Company has been awarded an engineering and project management services contract by the Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) as part of its General Engineering Services Plus (GES+) initiative. The partners in this new Engineering Company, including Abdulhadi and Al-Moaibed Consulting Engineering Co. (AMCDE) and Kellogg, Brown and Root, were selected following a competitive bidding process. The GES+ contract period is for five years with options available for extensions.
The finalization of this contract qualifies the new Engineering Company to execute front-end engineering design (FEED), detailed design, material procurement, and project management services (PMS) to support Saudi Aramco's capital programs. The Company will be an independent standalone company operating exclusively in the Middle East, and will employ and train Saudi nationals.
"We are proud to sign this contract with Saudi Aramco under its GES+ Initiative and look forward to the successful execution of future projects," said Khaled Abu-Nasrah, President, KBR Middle East. "KBR's work in the Middle East is integral to the company's rich legacy and the award of this contract further solidifies KBR's commitment to the region and to our long-time client, Saudi Aramco."
Operates 43 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)