SBM Offshore Awards Keppel Contract for DSCV
SBM Offshore has awarded a contract to Keppel Singmarine in Singapore for the detailed design and construction of a multi-purpose Diving Support & Construction Vessel (DSCV). This investment is an important element of the Company's strategy to grow offshore contracting activities within the Turnkey Services segment, adding to its fleet a modern vessel with high performance and reliability.
The ship will be a MT-6024 design from Marin Teknikk in Norway and will be built to DNV rules and international regulations. The vessel will have a class III DP system and be equipped with a fully integrated 12-man saturation diving system capable of operating in up to 300 meters of water depth. It will include a patented "double-deck" concept which will provide a large storage / construction area on the upper deck while keeping the conventional main deck unobstructed for anchor handling equipment. A 250 tonnes knuckle boom crane and an active heave compensated 150 tonnes winch will enable the vessel to carry out offshore construction and installation work in water depth of up to 1,500 meters. Operations will be supported by one work-class and one observation-class ROV.
Delivery is scheduled for the second quarter of 2013. The vessel will be fully owned and operated by SBM Offshore.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema Commences Ops at Brazil's Offshore Lula Field (Jul 13)