Halliburton Secures ExxonMobil Contract for West Qurna Development
Halliburton has been awarded a contract by ExxonMobil Iraq Limited (EMIL) to provide drilling services for 15 wells in the West Qurna (Phase I) oil field located in Southern Iraq.
Halliburton will provide a complete range of well construction services utilizing three drilling rigs to safely deliver the wells.
Joe Rainey, president of Halliburton's Eastern Hemisphere operations, said, "This contract award is a testament to the ongoing success of our Eastern Hemisphere growth strategy and is in addition to work awarded in this field by this customer in 2010."
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Halliburton Company more info
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Gadfly: Halliburton And Microsoft Do Not Compute For OPEC (Aug 22)
- Oilfield Rush to High-Tech Helps Smaller Companies Thrive (Jul 27)