Black Pearl Rig Mobilized for Gujurat Drilling
Oilex advised that Black Pearl Drilling Services, the drilling contractor, has commenced the mobilization of the Black Pearl Rig 1
rig and related services, to drill the onshore Cambay-76H well in Gujarat, India on behalf of the Cambay Field Joint Venture.
The rig is mobilizing from another location in Gujarat. Construction work at the Cambay-76H well site has been completed. Procurement of remaining drilling and fracture equipment and services for the well is substantially complete with mobilization to site progressing.
The Cambay-76H well will evaluate the production potential of the extensive Eocene "tight" Y-zone reservoir that extends across the 161 km2 Cambay PSC contract area. The well, which includes a 610 meter lateral section, is expected to take approximately 35 days to drill and complete. A two month production test will then be conducted after an 8 stage fracture stimulation of the Y zone.
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd (GSPC) 55%
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)