Halliburton Awarded Gig for Statoil's HP/HT Fields Offshore Norway
Statoil has awarded Halliburton several contracts to provide services for two high-pressure/high-tempature fields offshore Norway. Halliburton will provide directional drilling, logging-while-drilling, cementing, drilling fluids, and completion equipment and services at the Gudrun and Brynhild fields. Drilling is scheduled to start in the third quarter of 2011.
The Gudrun field, operated by Statoil, is expected to come online in the first quarter of 2014. Brynhild is located about 2 miles (three kilometers) east of Gudrun and will be subsea tied-back to the Gudrun/Sigrun installations.
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Gadfly: Halliburton And Microsoft Do Not Compute For OPEC (Aug 22)
- Oilfield Rush to High-Tech Helps Smaller Companies Thrive (Jul 27)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)