CETS Snags Subsea Contract for Liwan Field
Husky Oil China has awarded CETS, a joint venture between Expro and China Oilfield Services, a subsea well testing contract to support the second stage of the Liwan gas field subsea development in the South China Sea.
The three-year contract includes a surface clean-up and flow-back package with the ability to flow and measure high gas rates. CETS has installed surface equipment to handle the expected high flow rates while supplying Husky with accurate detailed data for further field appraisal.
The Liwan field is situated on Block 29/26 in the South China Sea and spans 979,773 acres (3,965 square kilometers). Husky Energy operates the field and holds a 49% interest, and CNOOC holds the remaining 51% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Ex-Oil Workers Look to Grow Aberdeen Brewery, Employ More Ex-Energy Staff (Dec 01)
- Expro Opens Aberdeen Office (Mar 29)
- Expro Bags Subsea Services Gig in China (Mar 19)
Company: China Oilfield Services Ltd (COSL) more info
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Husky Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Husky Enters into a PSC with CNOOC for Block 15/33 in South China Sea (Dec 04)
- Husky Scraps Seadrill Drilling Contract (Sep 22)
- Seadrill Cancels HHI's West Mira Construction Contract Over Delivery Delay (Sep 16)