Premier to Steer North Sea Fyne Block
Premier Oil has elected to drill the East Fyne appraisal well in the UK sector of the North Sea.
Under the terms of the agreement, Premier will have a 39.9% operated interest in Block 21/28a which contains the Fyne field. In return, Premier will carry the costs towards the development (up to US $50 million), including the East Fyne appraisal well. East Fyne is designed to de-risk the eastern extent of the Fyne field, and drilling is expected to start in the second half of 2011.
Antrim will retain a 35.1% working interest in the block and a 100% working interest in adjacent Blocks 21/28b, 21/24b, and 21/29d. First Oil Expro Limited will hold the remaining 25% working interest in Block 21/28a. The license assignment and transfer of operatorship under the agreement is subject to partner and governmental approvals.
The agreement also provides Premier with the option to participate in Antrim’s planned drilling program in the Greater Fyne area, which is scheduled to start as early as the second quarter of 2011.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)