Statoil Wraps Up Ops Offshore Egypt

Statoil has completed the Kiwi well in Egypt’s El Dabaa License on Block 9 in the Mediterranean west of the Nile Delta.

Logging was performed and preliminary results have determined that the well is dry. Drilling results will be further evaluated and integrated into the understanding of the area before any new decisions about the acreage are made, stated the company.

The well was drilled by the Discoverer Americas drillship in a water depth of 8,858 feet (2,700 meters). Statoil operates the block, holding an 80% interest; Sonatrach International Petroleum E&P holds the remaining 20%. 

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Fluids Plant Operator
Expertise: Maintenance Technician|Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids|Refinery / Plant Operator
Location: Monahans, TX
Nitrogen Transport Driver
Expertise: Heavy Machinery Operator|Truck / HGV Driver
Location: Dayton, OH
Nitrogen Operator
Expertise: Maintenance Technician|Production Operator|Truck / HGV Driver
Location: Odessa, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $56.86/BBL 0.76%
Light Crude Oil : $50.66/BBL 0.21%
Natural Gas : $2.959/MMBtu 0.30%
Updated in last 24 hours