Total Receives NPD Nod
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has approved Total’s request to drill on well 7225/3-1 in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea using the West Phoenix semisub.
The drilling program for well 7225/3-1 concerns the drilling of a wildcat well in Production License 535. The well is located about 186 miles (300 kilometers) northeast of Hammerfest and lies on Blocks 7225/3 and 7226/1.
Total operates the license, holding a 40% interest; North Energy holds 20%; Rocksource holds 20%; and Det norske holds 20%.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)