Aker Solutions Wins EPC Gig for Eldfisk Field
Aker Solutions has signed an EPC contract with ConocoPhillips to deliver the topside and bridges of the production platform for the Eldfisk 2/7 S, in the North Sea. The contract value is approximately NOK 5,5 billion. The contract award is subject to Norwegian authorities' approval of the plan for development and operation (PDO).
The topside consists of one combined living quarter and utility module and a combined process and wellhead module, with a total weight of 15500 tons. In addition, the contract includes the fabrication of two bridges, one bridge support modules and a flare.
Aker Solutions will begin the detail engineering instantly, while fabrication is expected to commence early 2012. The topside will be delivered from Aker Solutions yard at Stord early 2014.
Options for execution of offshore hook-up and commissioning assistance are included in the contract.
Eldfisk is one of the two biggest fields in the Greater Ekofisk Area and have been in production since 1979. The field is located in the southern part of the North Sea, about 300 kilometers from the shore.
The contract party is the Aker Solutions subsidiary Aker Stord AS.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)