Premier Completes Logging Ops at Vietnam Well
Premier, the operator of the Block 07/03 Production Sharing Contract, has advised that the CRD-2X appraisal well has been drilled to a TD of 3785m MDRT, and has completed logging operations. The rig is now preparing to undertake a drill stem test of the hydrocarbon bearing sands in the Oligocene section which it was not possible to evaluate in CRD-1X.
CRD-2X has been planned to evaluate the oil and gas discovered in multiple stacked reservoir layers by CRD-1X with the aim of reducing uncertainty in whether the CRD structure contains sufficient volumes to support a potential development. The implications of the CRD-2X results will be advised when the well evaluation has been completed.
Partners in the block are:
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (Vietnam) Pty Ltd 5% (a wholly owned subsidiary of Pan Pacific Petroleum NL)
- Premier Oil Vietnam South B.V. (Operator) 30%
- Vietnam American Exploration Company, LLC. 40% (a wholly owned subsidiary of Pitkin Petroleum Plc)
- PearlOil (Ophiolite) Ltd. 15%
- PetroVietnam Exploration and Production Corporation Ltd 10%
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)