Technip Awarded EPIC Contract for Gjoa Development
GDF Suez awarded Technip an engineering, procurement, construction and installation contract for the Gjoa field development in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
The contract includes engineering and fabrication work of two smoothbore gas export risers to connect the Gjoa platform with a gas export pipeline; removal of existing roughbore risers and installing two new smoothbore risers; and tie-in and pre-commissioning activities.
Offshore installation is scheduled for completion in the second half of 2011. Gjoa is located on Blocks 35/9 and 36/7 in the Norwegian North Sea, 28 miles (45 kilometers) offshore Norway in water depths of 1,181 feet (360 meters).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: GDF Suez more info
- UK Awards 27 Blocks for Shale Exploration in Latest Licensing Round (Aug 18)
- European Majors Team Up to Explore Arctic (Apr 21)
- GDF Suez Says Natural Gas Discovery Made in Southeast Algeria (Apr 20)