Transocean Nominates New Director
Transocean announced that the Board of Directors is recommending that the company's shareholders approve at the 2011 Annual General Meeting the election of Steve Lucas as a Class III Director for a three-year term. Mr. Lucas is the retired Group Finance Director of National Grid plc and has previously served in a variety of finance roles with the Lattice Group plc., the BG Group plc and Royal Dutch/Shell.
As previously announced, the Board of Directors is also recommending that the company's shareholders at the 2011 Annual General Meeting approve:
- The re-election of Ian C. Strachan and Martin B. McNamara as Class III Directors for three-year terms.
- The election of Jagjeet S. Bindra as a Class III Director for a three-year term. Mr. Bindra is the retired President of Chevron Global Manufacturing and has previously served in a variety of positions at Chevron group.
- The election of Tan Ek Kia as a Class I Director for a one-year term. Mr. Tan is the retired Vice President, Ventures and Developments, Asia Pacific and Middle East Region of Shell Chemicals, and has previously served in a variety of positions at Shell group.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)