BOEMRE Gives Cobalt Green Light for Deepwater Exploration

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement approved Cobalt’s exploration plan for OCS-G-30876, Garden Banks Block 959, which the company refers to as North Platte-1 exploratory well. Cobalt stated that although this approval is an important step in the well permitting process, the company is not sure as to when it can resume drilling operations on the well. The ENSCO 8503 semisub will drill the well in 4,843 feet (1,476 meters) of water. The well is targeting oil. Cobalt is the operator of the block, holding a 60% interest; Total holds the remaining 40% interest.

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
United States Evansville: Sr Field Engineer - Directional Drilling
Expertise: Directional Driller
Location: Evansville, WY
 
Expeditor
Expertise: Driller|Logistics Management|Materials Management
Location: Anchorage, AK
 
Rail Technical Manager Americas
Expertise: Logistics Management
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $53.94/BBL 6.87%
Light Crude Oil : $51.06/BBL 3.27%
Natural Gas : $3.51/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours