BG Gets PSA Nod for North Sea Exploration

West Alpha
(Click to Enlarge)

The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway has granted consent to BG Norge AS for use of the West Alpha semisub to drill wells 15/12-E1H and 6/3-A1H in the southern part of the North Sea. The wells, located on the Gaupe field, belong to Production License 292 and are located about 149 miles (240 kilometers) southwest of Stavanger, near the UK shelf border. Drilling should start in March 2011 and last for about 69 and 71 days, respectively. Gaupe, estimated to hold 28 million barrels of oil equivalents, will come online in the fourth quarter of 2011. BG Norge serves as the operator, holding a 60% working interest; Lundin holds the remaining 40%.

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Logistics Coordinator & Optimization Analyst
Expertise: Logistics Management
Location: Billings, MT
Field Maintenance Controls Technician
Expertise: Maintenance Technician|Rig Mechanic
Location: Eighty Four, PA
Maintenance Supervisor - Drilling
Expertise: Maintenance Manager|Rig Mechanic
Location: Eighty Four, PA
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours