Seadrill Clinches Chevron Contract Offshore Thailand
Seadrill has agreed a new three-year contract with Chevron Thailand Exploration and Production offshore Thailand for the tender rig T-12 with a two-year option period. Estimated contract value is approximately US $132 million, and commencement of the assignment is scheduled for the second quarter this year, in direct continuation of the rig's existing contractual obligations.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management said, "We are pleased to secure a new contract for one of our tender rigs in the South East Asia region. This contract demonstrates the attractiveness of our tender rig concept as T12 will be the fifth unit presently operating for Chevron. The tender rig concept uniquely combines flexibility and efficiency that allows us to better serve our clients."
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)