Kosmos Jump-Starts Exploration Prog. Offshore Ghana with Discovery
Kosmos Energy has reported that its Teak-1 exploratory well in the West Cape Three Points license offshore Ghana has discovered about 240 feet (73 meters) of net pay in two Campanian and three Turonian-aged reservoirs.
In the shallower Campanian-aged reservoirs, the well intersected 20 feet (6 meters) of oil pay in the upper zone and 108 feet (33 meters) of gas pay with an underlying 49 feet (15 meter), 40 degree API oil leg, in the lower zone. In the deeper stratigraphic Turonian-aged reservoirs, the well intersected 46 feet (14 meters) of gas-condensate pay in two separate zones and 16 feet (5 meters) of 32 degree API oil pay in a deeper level.
The operator states that that the up-dip combination structural and stratigraphic Campanian trap is potentially 12,355 acres (50 square kilometers) in area and will be further appraised. The potential extent of each of the deeper Turonian zones is being analyzed. Drilled by the Atwood Hunter semisub, the well reached a total depth of 10,400 feet (3,170 meters) in a water depth of 2,848 feet (868 meters).
Once operations are completed, the well will be suspended for future use, and the rig will move to drill the Teak-2 well to target the Campanian and Turonian aged reservoirs in a separate fault block between the Teak discovery and the Jubilee field. Kosmos Energy operates the license with a 30.875% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: Kosmos Energy more info
- BP's West Africa Partner Kosmos To List In London By End-September (Aug 02)
- BP, Kosmos Make Major Gas Find Off Coast Of Senegal (May 08)
- BP to Create New LNG Hub in Africa with Latest Kosmos Buy (Dec 19)