Drilling Ops Recommenced at Cooper's Menzel Horr Well
Cooper reported that the Menzel Horr-1 well in Tunisia has recommenced drilling operations. Prior to operations being suspended the well was at 1,225 meters and trace oil shows had been observed in the Ain Grab Formation, which was encountered at 1,137.5 meters.
The expected sequential plan for the well is:
- re-enter the well and to drill to 1,788 meters (+/- 200 meters).
- run wireline logs to evaluate the drilled section from 727 to 1,788 meters.
- run and cement the 9 5/8” casing string.
- drill on to the Bou Dabbous Formation, which is expected at 1,898 meters.
Further information on the drilling of the Menzel Horr Prospect is expected to be announced after the logging run in the 12 ¼" hole, which may be in a week or so depending on actual progress.
- Cooper Secures Drilling Rig For Hammamet West-3 Well Offshore Tunisia (Jul 16)
- Cooper Chalks Up Double Oil Strike With Christies-7 Well (Jul 05)
- Drilling Continues at Cooper's Riley Well (May 17)