McDermott Wins Fabrication of Alen Project Offshore West Africa
McDermott received a contract to fabricate a 15,000-ton platform for Noble's Alen gas-condensate development project off the east coast of Bioko Island, Equatorial Guinea.
The company will manage the construction, load out and installation aids for a 15,000-ton central production platform, including living quarters, and a smaller 2,000-ton wellhead jacket and pile, stated the press release.
The project is expected to commence in the first quarter of 2011. The Alen project is located in Block O, offshore Equatorial Guinea. Noble Energy operates the project, holding a 45% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
- McDermott Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia; Adds 300 Jobs (Nov 02)
- Mexico's Sole Platform Fabrication Project to Create Jobs (Sep 27)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
- Deal Of The Month: Noble Energy Marches Out of Marcellus in Full $1.9B Exit (May 31)