Shell Farms-In to Philippine Block for Nido-Kairiki JV; Swaps Rigs
Nido, on behalf of the SC 54B Joint Venture, advised that the Shell Philippines Exploration BV (SPEX) farm-in to Nido and Kairiki's interests in SC 54B was formally approved by the Philippine Department of Energy (DOE) on January 25, 2011.
Approval of the SC 54B Farm-in by the DOE is the last in a number of Conditions Precedent provided under the terms and conditions of the Farm-in Agreement.
Following DOE approval of the Farm-in, Participating Interests in SC 54B are now as follows:
- Nido Petroleum Philippines Ltd (Operator) 33%
- Yilgarn Petroleum Philippines Pty Ltd (Kairiki Energy) 22%
- Shell Philippines Exploration BV 45%
With respect to the Gindara-1 exploration well, SPEX and the SC54B Joint Venture have agreed to substitute the deepwater Noble Phoenix drill-ship originally proposed to drill the Gindara-1 well with the Atwood Falcon semi-submersible rig.
The Falcon is currently operating for Shell in Malaysia and is expected to mobilize to the Gindara-1 location in a window between mid April and end May 2011, following a short period of planned maintenance in Labuan. This rig drilled two wells for Shell in the Philippines in 2010 and is fully capable to drill the Gindara prospect.
Planning for the Gindara-1 is well advanced. Long lead items (casing/wellhead materials) are expected to be delivered in to Nido's Batangas shore-base in the next few weeks and the Manila-based drilling team is now fully resourced and operational.
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)
Company: Kairiki Energy Limited more info
- Kairiki Energy to Dispose Stake in Yilgarn Petroleum Philippines to IMC (Jun 09)
- Shell Farms-In to Philippine Block for Nido-Kairiki JV; Swaps Rigs (Jan 31)
- Kairiki Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Aug 25)
Company: Shell Philippines Exploration B.V. more info
- HZN Bags Over $100M Contracts for Helicopter Services in Philippines, NZ (Jun 02)
- PNOC EC to Invest $182M in Philippines Oil, Gas Projects in 2016 (Apr 07)
- Shell Philippines Says Will Exhaustively Challenge $1.1B Tax Claim (Dec 18)