AMEC Awarded Services Contract for BG North Sea Facilities
AMEC was awarded a three-year services contract for BG Group's North Sea upstream assets. The company will provide engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and project management for all of the BG Group facilities in the central North Sea, including the Armada, North Everest and Lomond platforms.
A number of projects come under the new contract, including the implementation of subsea tie-backs from the Gaupe and North West Seymour wells to the Armada platform hub, and a new subsea tie-back to the North Everest platform hub. The contract also includes a feasibility study for the continued development of the Armada platform as a processing hub.
To increase offshore capacity, BG Group has invested in new Additional Living Quarters on the North Everest platform. Installation of this new ALQ will start in January 2011. The Armada area is located 31 miles (250 kilometers) northeast of Aberdeen in the UK sector of the North Sea, and extends over five blocks, 22/5b, 22/5a, 16/29a, 22/4a, and 16/29c. BG Group operates the Armada area.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: AMEC more info
- Aberdeen-based Jee Wins Enhance Oil Recovery Contract (May 21)
- UK's Oil Services Firms To Cut Jobs To Ride Out Price Slump (Apr 28)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Buys Scopus Group (Dec 15)