KBR Selected for Detailed Design of Chevron's Big Foot Topsides Project
Chevron has selected KBR to execute the detailed design for the Chevron Big Foot Topsides project. The company will provide engineering and procurement support during the detailed design phase of the project.
Big Foot will be an integrated drilling and production platform with dry trees; and the platform's topsides facilities will include inlet oil and gas separation, gas compression, dehydration and export, oil treatment and export pumping, producer water treatment, water injection and all required utility systems. The hull will be an extended tension leg platform.
The Big Foot field is located in Walker Ridge 29 in approximately 5,100 feet (1,554 meters) of water, and first oil is expected in 2014. Chevron, the operator, owns 60% interest in the field; Statoil owns 27.5% interest; and Marubeni Oil & Gas owns the remaining 12.5% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)