FMC Technologies Awarded GirRI Contract Offshore Angola
FMC Technologies has signed an agreement with Total Exploration & Production Angola for the manufacture and supply of subsea production equipment to support the Girassol Resource Initiative (GirRI) project. The award has a value of approximately $80 million in revenue to FMC Technologies. The GirRI project has now reached a cumulative value of approximately $180 million in revenue to FMC.
Equipment supplied under Option 3 will support the Girassol field, located offshore Angola in the Gulf of Guinea. FMC's scope of supply includes the manufacture of three subsea production trees, six wellheads and assorted flowbase and jumper equipment. Deliveries are scheduled to commence in the fourth quarter of 2011.
"FMC has enjoyed a strong and productive relationship with Total, especially with their offshore projects in West Africa," said Tore Halvorsen, FMC's Senior Vice President of Global Subsea Production Systems. "We are pleased to continue our support of the Girassol field and their other Block 17 projects, including CLOV, Rosa and Pazflor."
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)