CNOOC's FPSO Nanhai Endeavor Launched Early

CNOOC Limited announced that the key facility for the development project of Wenchang 13-1/13-2 oil fields, FPSO Nanhai Endeavor, was successfully launched two weeks ahead of schedule on June 18, 2001. The construction contract for the FPSO was awarded to Dalian New Shipyard.

Nanhai Endeavor is a permanent single turret moored FPSO designed for typhoon populated area, the first of its type around the world. It has a capacity of 150 thousand dead weight tons, it is a key facility for the development of Wenchang oil field.

Wenchang 13-1/13-2 oil fields are located in Yangjiang 31 and 32 blocks of Western South China Sea, 85 miles east of Hainan Island. CNOOC Limited holds 60% working interest and is the operataor, Husky Oil holds the remaining 40%. There is an estimated 60.6 million barrels of oil reserve in the Wenchang field. The development project commenced on June of 2000 and is expected to be on stream in the first half of 2002 as planned.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles
Brent Crude Oil : $54.46/BBL 0.96%
Light Crude Oil : $51.68/BBL 1.21%
Natural Gas : $3.44/MMBtu 1.99%
Updated in last 24 hours