Petrobras, Partners Charter FPSOs Offshore Brazil
BG Group and partners have entered a tender process for the charter of two additional Floating Production, Storage and Offloading vessels for use in the full field development of the discoveries on Blocks BM-S-9 and BM-S-11 in the Santos Basin, offshore Brazil.
Each vessel will have a production capacity of 150,000 bopd and about 212 MMcf/d. The modules are being tendered for start-up in 2014. One FPSO is allocated for the Guara Norte area on Block BM-S-9 and the other is for the southern area of the Cernambi field (formerly named Iracema) on Block BM-S-11.
To date, with the addition of these two new modules, a total of 13 FPSOs will be designated for the two blocks, including the Carioca and Guara areas on Blocks BM-S-9 and BM-S-11, the Lula (formerly known as Tupi) and Cernambi fields, as well as the Iara area. The first permanent vessel is already in operation on the Lula field, and two additional vessels are due onstream on the Lula field and Guara area in 2013. Additionally, contracts for eight 150,000 bopd FPSO hulls were awarded in November 2010, with start-up expected between 2015 and 2017.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)