AWE Updates Al Meashar-2 Drilling Progress
AWE Limited reported that as at 0600 hours Yemen time on December 15, 2010 (-8 hours EDST) the Al Meashar-2 appraisal well in Block 7, Yemen, was at a depth of 3,170 metres and preparing to drill ahead after running 7” liner. Progress for the week was 153 metres.
Al Meashar-2 is the first appraisal well of the Al Meashar-1 oil discovery, which was drilled in early 2010. The discovery encountered oil in the fracture basement; however oil flow rates were limited due to potential reservoir damage which was incurred while drilling.
The appraisal well will be drilled from the existing Al Meashar-1 well pad and deviated parallel to the discovery well. The well is planned to be drilled using Managed Pressure Drilling, which is designed to minimise damage from drilling fluids in the reservoir. The well will be drilled to a planned total measured depth of 3,740 metres.
The participants in Block 7 are:
ARC Energy Holdings Ltd* 21.25%
Oil Search (ROY) Ltd (Operator) 34.00%
Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (Aden) Ltd 21.25%
Yemen General Corporation for Oil and Gas 15.00%
Mitsui E & P Middle East B.V 8.50%
* A wholly owned subsidiary of AWE Limited
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)