Lundin Drills Duster Offshore Norway
Lundin Petroleum announced the completion of the exploration well 3/8-1 on the Barchan prospect located in Block 3/8, (PL400), in the southern part of the North Sea sector of the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The exploration well 3/8-1 was targeting the Barchan prospect and reached Target Depth at approximately 4020 meters. The target reservoir, of Permian age, showed poor reservoir quality. The well encountered no hydrocarbons and is being plugged and abandoned as a dry hole. The Maersk Guardian drilled the well for Lundin.
Lundin Petroleum is the operator of PL400 with 50 percent working interest. Partners are Noreco ASA with 30 percent interest and Petoro AS with 20 percent working interest.
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)