Origin Spins Bit Offshore Tasmania
Origin, on behalf of the T/44P Joint Venture, advised that the Silvereye 1 exploration well commenced drilling at 0:00 EDT on Friday Dec. 3, and 36" hole was drilled to 140mMDRT. Operations as at 09:00 hours EDT was circulating in 36" hole prior to pulling out of the hole to run conductor. The well is being drilled using the semi-submersible drilling rig Kan Tan IV.
Well type and location
Silvereye 1 is an exploration well located in exploration permit T/44P, operated by Origin some 65km west-south-west of the Yolla gas field.
Silvereye 1 is a deviated well. The proposed surface location is:
- Latitude: 39° 54' 19.897" S
- Longitude: 145° 03' 32.441" E
Planned total depth of the well is 2,400mRT (2,317m TVDSS). The primary objectives are the Paleocene and Cretaceous sandstones within the Eastern View Coal Measures. The well will be plugged and abandoned after the evaluation program is completed.
T/44P Participating Interests:
- Origin Energy 60.0% (Operator)
- AWE Limited 40.0%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)