MND Preps Romania Barchiz Well for Testing
Europa O&G provided an update on drilling results from the Barchiz-1 exploration well in Romania.
The well has now reached a final total depth of 1,450m and is being prepared for testing. Oligocene sandstone reservoirs similar to those seen in the nearby Geamana Field were encountered in the interval between 520 and 580m. These presented live oil shows and the wireline logs calculate potential oil pay of up to 20m net thickness. The Operator, MND, is recommending two drillstem test intervals: 522.5 - 531m and 548 - 558.5 m.
Paul Barrett, Managing Director, said, "Clearly we are extremely encouraged by this result and look forward to seeing the flow test results in the coming weeks."
- Europa Oil & Gas Completes Shale Petroleum UK Acquisition (Aug 15)
- Europa Relinquishes Part of PEDL 181 (Jul 04)
- Europa Granted 2 Year Extension to PEDL 143 (Jun 27)
Company: MND Exploration and Production Ltd more info
- MND Preps Romania Barchiz Well for Testing (Nov 25)
- Regal Petroleum Begins Development Work at Ukraine Fields (Oct 08)
- Regal Petroleum Divest Part of its Ukrainian Assets (Sep 14)