Total Gets Gabonese Nod for 3 Onshore Licenses
Total announced that the Gabonese government has approved the acquisition by its subsidiary Total Gabon of interests in three onshore exploration licenses in the sedimentary basin of Gabon:
- A 50% interest in the Mutamba-Iroru license, alongside Vaalco. The 1,094 square kilometer license is located in southern Gabon, near the Atora field production facilities operated by Total Gabon.
- A 30% interest in the DE7 license alongside Perenco. Located in the Omboué region in central Gabon, the license covers an area of 2,175 square kilometers.
- Last, a 20% interest in the Nziembou license alongside Perenco and Tullow. The license extends over an area of 1,026 square kilometers and is located near the Rabi field.
“The latest acquisitions reflect Total’s commitment to reviving its onshore exploration operations in Gabon, particularly in under-explored transition zones,” commented Marc Blaizot, Senior Vice President Geosciences at Total Exploration & Production. “These exploration campaigns will supplement the deep offshore exploration which begun this year when the Group acquired 6,000 square kilometers of 3D seismic on the Diaba license. This seismic campaign is one of the largest conducted in Africa to date. Total has unmatched expertise in Gabon, built on extensive operating experience.”
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)