BP Strikes Gas in Egypt's West Nile Delta
BP Egypt reports it has made a significant gas discovery in the Hodoa prospect, making it the first Oligocene deep water discovery in the West Nile Delta area. Drilled by the Pride North America semisub in a water depth of 3,533 feet (1,077 meters), the WMDW-7 well reached a depth of 20,833 feet (6,350 meters). Further appraisal drilling is underway. Hodoa is located offshore Egypt in the Nile Delta concession. BP operates the West Mediterranean Deepwater concession with an 80% interest, and partner, RWE Dea holds the remaining 20%.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)