BP Strikes Gas in Egypt's West Nile Delta

BP Egypt reports it has made a significant gas discovery in the Hodoa prospect, making it the first Oligocene deep water discovery in the West Nile Delta area. Drilled by the Pride North America semisub in a water depth of 3,533 feet (1,077 meters), the WMDW-7 well reached a depth of 20,833 feet (6,350 meters). Further appraisal drilling is underway. Hodoa is located offshore Egypt in the Nile Delta concession. BP operates the West Mediterranean Deepwater concession with an 80% interest, and partner, RWE Dea holds the remaining 20%.

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Enterprise Architecture - Utility
Expertise: Asset Management|IT - Software Development
Location: Houston, TX
 
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Expertise: Geoscience Technician|Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Bothell, WA
 
Environmental Geologist
Expertise: Chemical Engineering|Geologist
Location: Tacoma, WA
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.97/BBL 1.53%
Light Crude Oil : $48.75/BBL 1.79%
Natural Gas : $2.92/MMBtu 0.68%
Updated in last 24 hours